Exhibit Design Search / Trade Show and Event Tips / Design, Lighting, and Graphics Tips /
Exhibit Signage that Speaks to Your Customers
- Bold, dynamic signage is yet another way to call attention to your booth.
- Banner stands and headers make a bold statement with images.
- When it comes to banner stands, you get what you pay for.
- Hanging signs ensure that your company is visible throughout the trade show hall.
Bold, dynamic signage is yet another way to call attention to your booth. Picture yourself walking down a busy city street. A multitude of signs, billboards, and electronic displays compete for your attention. In such a crowded advertising environment only the most compelling images will get you to stop and take notice. So it is at trade shows. Your signage and graphics have to be powerful and concise to be effective.
Barry Siskind, author of Powerful Exhibit Marketing: The Complete Guide to Successful Trade Shows, Conferences, and Consumer Shows, explains that “Creating the right signs and graphics is crucial. If you haven’t caught visitors’ attention within the first three seconds, you have missed them altogether.”
Banner Stands, Headers, and Hanging Signs
There are a variety of signs that can be used to promote your booth at a trade show. Three common types are banner stands, headers, and hanging signs. Banner stands are composed of tension fabric stretched between two lightweight poles, supported by a stand. They make a bold statement with colorful images and powerful graphics. They can be displayed alone or in a grouping to provide an added dimension to your booth. Combine them with halogen lighting to create a dramatic effect.
Retractable banner stands are notable for their elegance of design and ease of use. In addition, they require minimal storage space. 3D banner stands are a clever variation on traditional 2D banner stands. Many 3D banner stands are backlit or rotate and have anywhere from two to four sides for graphics. Some are structural and will even hold a monitor and keyboard shelf.
There are hundreds of variations of banner stand designs, and prices vary from cheap to upscale. When it comes to banner stands, you get what you pay for so purchase your stand from a reputable source and one that meets either your short or long-term requirements.
Headers are graphics attached to the upper portion of a display. They are a great way to feature your company name prominently. You can add headers to table tops, pop ups, or even larger island exhibits.
Walk through any trade show and you will see attractive hanging signs throughout the convention center or pavilion. Hanging signs are fabric graphics either hung or stretched over an aluminum frame. They come in two-dimensional and three dimensional shapes, such as circles, pinwheels, and tapered triangles. Hanging signs ensure that your company is visible throughout the trade show hall. There is no better compliment than when a trade show attendee says, “I saw your sign when I walked into the hall and wanted to learn more about your product.”
Keep the graphics on your signs simple and comprehensible. The association with your company’s image should be readily apparent. Use ten words or less to convey any slogans or information and select a large enough font that a person can read your sign from a distance.
For more information about trade show or event marketing, give us a call or Contact Us. We welcome the opportunity to assist you with your next show.
Classic Exhibits Inc.
Add designs and photos to your personal gallery simply by clicking on the +My Gallery links
Then email your "My Gallery" to colleagues, friends, or your favorite exhibit designer. There's no better way to begin designing a display that reflects your exhibit marketing goals.
Note: My Gallery uses a temporary browser cookie to store your gallery. We recommend that you send your gallery to your email address if you need to retain it for longer than 30 days.
- Production lead times are based on business days and DO NOT include any shipping days.
- Production-ready artwork (when applicable) must accompany the order confirmation. Delays in uploading artwork may lead to expedited charges or shipping changes.
- No order will be released to Production without a signed order confirmation.
- Shipping is based on the availability of materials and graphics. Additional charges may apply if materials or graphics must be expedited.
- Shorter lead times may be available based on schedule openings in Customer Service and Production. Rush charges may apply.
- Standard lead times do not apply to orders of multiple quantities.
- Please check for product availability on ALL RENTAL exhibits.
- Dimensional Weight vs. Actual Weight: Dimensional weight is defined as crate or case size. On most air shipments, the dimensional weight exceeds the actual weight
- Portable Cases vs. Wood Crates or Molded Tubs (where applicable): Exhibit designs that require one wood crate would require multiple portable cases. Selecting one vs. the other affects the total weight (dimensional or actual).
- Freight Carrier: LTL carriers (Less than Truckload) quote freight based on space used. UPS, FedEx, and air freight carriers quote freight based on either the dimensional or the actual weight of the shipment.
- Freight Service Level (number of days): Service levels range from Same Day Delivery to Two Week Delivery.
- Inline vs. Island Displays
- Lead Retrieval Devices
- Computer and Monitor Cables
- Demo Equipment
- Overhead Lighting
- Grommets and Grommet Placement in Counters
- Overhead vs. Floor Power Supply
- Flooring and Electrical Wiring
- Options for Hiding Cords and Cables
- Flat vs. Round Electrical Cords
- Multi-Plug Outlets and Extension Cords